The 2nd most common type of Arthritis and also classified as a form of Rheumatism.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an Autoimmune Disease.
Rheumatoid Arthritis involves chronic Inflammation of the Synovial Membranes of the Joints - (typically the Joints of the fingers, wrists, feet, and ankles and often the hips and shoulders) and causes the destruction of Cartilage, Bone and other adjacent Tissues.
Rheumatoid Arthritis afflicts 1-3% of the world's population.
Rheumatoid Arthritis predominantly afflicts females between the ages of 20 and 60 - there is a minor hereditary association.
These Substances Alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis
Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) protects against and heals Rheumatoid Arthritis (by deactivating Superoxide Free Radicals).
Amino acids as found in Grapefruit extracts.
Cysteine alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis
Histidine alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis by stimulating the activity of Suppresser T-Cells.
MineralsCopper (bracelets) alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis - the Copper in the bracelets reacts with Fatty Acids in the Skin to form Copper salts that are capable of being absorbed into the Skin.
Germanium @ 100-300 mg per day alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Selenium may alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis [anecdotal].
Sulphur alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Zinc alleviates the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis [scientific research - humans: Zinc alleviates the joint swelling and morning stiffness associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis and increases the walking time of persons afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis; persons afflicted with rheumatoid arthritis are usually deficient in Zinc].
VitaminsVitamin A is an adjunct in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Vitamin B5 markedly reduces the Joint Pain and Joint Stiffness associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis [scientific research - humans: Rheumatoid Arthritis sufferers are generally deficient in Vitamin B5].
Vitamin C alleviates the Pain associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Vitamin K stabilizes the synovial linings of tissues affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis [scientific research - in vitro].
These Foods or Herbs Alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Active Constituents
- Alfalfa (juice) is claimed to counter the acidity associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis [folklore].
- Celery and Celery Seeds alleviate Rheumatoid Arthritis [many anecdotal reports].
- Devil's Claw alleviates the Inflammation associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Evening Primrose Oil alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Feverfew alleviates the Inflammation associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis [scientific research].
- Flax Seed Oil alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Garlic alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Grapefruit extract alleviates Arthritis, Vitamin C being prominent in the active ingredient.
- Green-Lipped Mussel (extract) alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis [scientific research - humans: 67% success rate using 1 gram per day for 6 months].
- Juniper reputedly alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis [folklore].
- Lettuce (juice) reputedly alleviates Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Vitamin K